After more than 10 years performing on track and achieving many successes, Tech1 Racing has decided to share its expertise and know-how in car engineering with key players of the automotive world: car manufacturers, equipment companies and racing teams.
With unique tools of simulation, data acquisition and analysis, ID1 Technologies disrupts the world of track engineering allowing the greater number to reach the optimal performance at a lower cost.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the services that ID1 Technologies can provide:
TRACK ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY
- Definition of aerodynamic, mechanical and pneumatic test program in order to know the necessary technical characteristics of the vehicle particularly for the lap time simulation
- Rent of very high level sensors (Correvit, ride height sensors…) and data acquisition system
- Implementation of instrumentation, data analysis, sensors selection
- Optimization of settings and race engineering
- Off track analysis: optimize your analysis with external look. The off track analysis allows assessing the work scopes and reachable performance improvements. To do so, it is necessary to send us data via internet from the track. Our expertise and our operation-simulation tools will allow in a few hours to assess the performance and draw up a balance of possible improvements
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING
- Lap time simulation: mainly directed to the teams wanting to develop their settings through a tool simulating the complete dynamic of a car with a virtual driver. It can allow car manufacturers or racing teams to virtually assess their vehicle and then validate their development work. Moreover this includes the programming and analysis support tools of vehicle data and behavior. We can either complete this vehicle dynamic by data provided by the team or find its characteristics by data acquisition (Available in Spring 2017).
- Implementation of an aerodynamic model of the car
- Implementation of pneumatic characteristics
- Remote access simulations: Daily rental of the software with customized and secured access (Available in Spring 2017)
- Bench for shock absorbers, springs, anti-roll bars, bump stops: They allow determining experimentally the behavior of mechanical systems: shock absorbing, elasticity…
- FARO Arm measurement allows very accurate and complex 3D measures enabling high expertise on monocoques, gearboxes, bodywork shapes…
The ID1 Simulator allows drivers and teams to save time, money and optimize their track on time.
The costs to run a car on a track are always increasing and the latest sporting regulations limit the number of tests days.
Thus, the driving simulator is the best solution to keep on working at a reasonable cost within the frame of the sporting regulations and even when the weather forecast is not friendly. Added to that, discovering unknown tracks on a simulator with the exact car model give you a true edge on competitors!
The ID1 simulator, developed in-house by our engineers offers a great environment to work and develop drivers racing skills.
Learn more by visiting the section dedicated to our ID1 simulator!